Leader of the IfBP
Guiding spirit of Budo pedagogy
Univ. Doz. Dr. phil. Dipl. Sozial-Päd./Wiss. Jörg-M. Wolters
- (Born 60), educational scientist, doctorate in the field of social therapy (dissertation “Martial arts as therapy”, with summa cum laude, 1992), sports, movement and body therapist.
- Lecturer at the department of social pedagogy & adolescent psychiatry at the University of Lüneburg for 10 years.
- Pedagogical and therapeutic head of the specialist hospital for child and adolescent psychiatry in Lower Saxony and case-leading therapist in a semi-residental clinic for child and adolescent psychiatry, psychotherapy and psychosomatic medicine.
- Freelance lecturer and coach since 1993. Head of the International Institute for Budo Pedagogy and Therapy (IfBP), guiding spirit of the new subject area and head of professional qualifications for training as a Budo pedagogue, for the Budo pedagogy “Master” and Instructor, for the Clinical Budo pedagogue and for Budo therapist (IfBP). Honorary member of the Professional Association of Budo pedagogues (BvBP).
- Scientific research work and author of leading publications with well over 200 articles on the subject of “Budo and Psychology”.
- Decades of martial arts experience (active since 1977) in Kara-Te-Do (various traditional Japanese and Okinawa styles), Aikido, Wing Tsun and Tai Chi; Zen student. Budo teacher (7th Dan Kempo and 7th Dan Karate-Do) with Japanese Hanshi (grandmaster) title and Kaiso (founder) of Shoto Kempo Ryu Budo. Chief instructor (Doshin Sensei) of the martial arts academy Shoto Kempo Kai, Stade and Sweden. Wolters is considered the “pioneer of karate in Germany” and founder of “one of the most important Kempo styles” (Budo-Lexikon, Berlin 1997).
Award for “outstanding scientific achievements”
from the MINISTRY OF SCIENCE OF LOWER SAXONY
“In any case, Wolters’ efforts to introduce, practice and empirically validate Asian” martial arts as therapy ” deserves recognition and support.”
(Prof. Dr. H. Müller-Dietz, UNIVERSITÄT DES SAARLANDES)
“By his work, Dr. Wolters has made important steps.”
(Prof. Dr. D. Rössner, MARTIN-LUTHER-UNIVERSITÄT HALLE-WITTENBERG)
“Wolters shows in a very differentiated manner that the apparent paradox ” karate as peace training ” is actually an organic coherence.”
(Prof. W. Nickolai, Kath. FACHHOCHSCHULE FREIBURG, department for social work)
“It is to be hoped that Dr. Wolters developed approach “Martial arts as therapy” is to be opened up for many areas.”
(Prof. Dr. H. Colla, UNIVERSITÄT LÜNEBURG, Institute for sozial pedagogy)
“The work of Dr. Wolters has a pioneering character. His concept is a remarkable achievement in terms of sports methodology. Wolters proves his expertise convincingly.”
(Prof. Dr. H. Rieder, UNIVERSITÄT HEIDELBERG, Institute for sports and sport sciences)
“Wolters is an outstanding scientist and practical expert”
(Prof. Dr. W. Ramb, UNIVERSITÄT LÜNEBURG, Section Psychiatric Social Education, Medical Director of the Clinic for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in Lower Saxony, Lüneburg)
“The approach of ” Budo pedagogy ” represented by WOLTERS represents a promising way (Do) in the work with violent young people.”
(Prof. Dr. W. Tischner, faculty of social sciences, TECHNISCHE HOCHSCHULE NÜRNBERG)
“The development of a scientifically based specific socio-pedagogical-therapeutic approach is outstanding, with functioning, effective practice.“
(Prof. Dr. Stimmer, UNIVERSITÄT LÜNEBURG, department of academic social pedagogy)
“There are many reasons for representatives, such as JÖRG-MICHAEL WOLTERs in the field of social pedagogy, who works a the forefront of youth welfare for particulrly difficult young people. WOLTERS is a pedagogue with courage and passion, who deserves the full support of his collegues in the field by his demanding work with highly aggressive adolescents in psychiatry and prisons.”
(Prof. Dr. W. Tischner, TECHNISCHE HOCHSCHULE NÜRNBERG, faculty of social sciences)
“The results of these pedagogical efforts are very encouraging, as recent publications in particular (see Wolters et al .: Budo Pedagogy, 2008) show.“
(Dr. A. Binhack: On the factual structure and phenomenology of fighting)
“Jörg Wolters has done a lot in Budo and karatedo and achieved important things.”
(Prof. Dr. J. Kersten, NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY, Evanston, Illinois)
“Jorg-Michael Wolters, the founder of ‘ budo pedagogy’ by which education at the higher level has already been realized. And the effort of systematic research are worth to be appreciated and the results – both general-theoretical and detailed – are worth to be popularized.”
(Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. S. Cieszkowski, UNIVERSYTET RZESZOWSKI, Polen)